Despite the threat of a downpour and colder weather, a crowd turned out Saturday for Art in the Park in Island Park in Winfield.
The crowdy viewed arts and crafts, partook of the variety of foods offered, listened to performers on the newly opened performance venue and visited with friends and neighbors.
According to Winfield Arts and Humanities Council Executive Director Cheri Kindt-Gozales, gate receipts were somewhat down, but still good considering the weather.
The council gave out $1,500 in purchase awards and $1,055 in prize money.
Mark Flickinger, Cowley College Visual and Performing Arts chair and instructor of painting, drawing and art history, was the judge.
• Best of Show — William McReynolds, ceramics, of Udall.
• Blue Ribbons — Dale Roard, bronze statuary, of Augusta; Martha Fitzwater, pastels, of Winfield; Caitlin Bowman, ceramics, of Winfield.
• Red Ribbon — James Kyzer, pop art, of Purcell, Okla.; Jamie Waterhouse, ceramics, of Wichita; Tony and Katie Christenson, ceramics, of Wichita.
• White Ribbon — Bernard Kaiser, photography, of Clearwater, Okla.; Anne Edwards, ceramics, of Winfield; Julie Sutton, oil painting, of Winfield.
• Green Ribbon — Kristina DeLeon, pen and ink, of Arkansas City; Sue Krehbiel, colored pencil, of Inman; Cassidy Hutton, photography, of Cowley College, Arkansas City.
• Best of Craft — Richard Mould, glass, of Benton.
• Second place Original Craft — Patty Morgan, weaving, of Arkansas City.