Wednesday, July 10
• Theft, 900 block of St. James Court. Christopher Cash, of Arkansas City, was the victim.
• Non-injury accident, alley of the 1600 block of Fuller Street. Beverly Cox, of Winfield, was involved when she struck a legally parked vehicle.
Cowley County Sheriff
Tuesday, July 9
• Juvenile issue, 26000 block of 61st Road.
• 911 call, Cowley Fishing Lake.
• Reckless driver report, 7000 block of U.S. 77.
• Welfare check, 33000 block of Tower Road. The subject was not located.
• Verbal disturbance, 21000 block of Hoover Avenue.
• Possible rolling disturbance, 5000 block of U.S. 77. Parties were separated, and charges sent to county attorney for review.
• Car vs. deer accident, 21000 block of U.S. 77. Courtesy report made; damage less than $1,000.
Wednesday, July 10
• Criminal damage to property, 31000 block of 53rd Road.
• Welfare check, Meadowbrook Lane.
• Deputy took a report for a lost or stolen vehicle tag.
• Reckless driver, 1000 block of K-15.
• Deputy responded to the 7000 block of 244th Road for a report.
• Deputy arrested Alecia Washington on a warrant, 400 block of West Bryant Road, in Arkansas City.
• Deputy arrested Mandy Hilario on a warrant, 1100 block of North Fourth Street, in Arkansas City.
• Assisted EMS, 1700 block of North Sixth Street, in Arkansas City.
• Vehicle check, 8000 block of U.S. 77.
• Property check, 2000 block of 252nd Road.
• Building check, 6000 block of 252nd Road.
• Building check, 26000 block of 61st Road.
Thursday, July 11
• Deputy checked the State Cowley Fishing Lake.
• Deputy checked several businesses in Dexter.
• Pedestrian check, 23000 block of 61st Road.
• Deputy was dispatched for possible criminal damage to property.
• Cattle out, 11000 block of 272nd Road.
• Reckless driver report, 12000 block of 120th Road. Individual was out running with her dogs when a vehicle almost hit her.
• Deputies assisted Winfield Police with an accident near 2202 Pike Road.
• Deputy was dispatched to Ararad Lane to speak with an individual about possible criminal threats.
• Deputy was paged to call a subject about laws.
• Two-vehicle accident report, Eighth Avenue and Thompson Street.
• Deputy served a protection from abuse order to Sadie Johnson, 600 block of West Skyline Road. She was also arrested for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Theft report, 5000 block of 332nd Road.
• Burglary report, 4000 block of U.S. 166.
• Deputy was paged to call a subject regarding a traffic complaint.
• Traffic complaint, 10000 block of 284th Lane.
• Motorcycle injury accident, 11000 block of 212th Road. Gregory Woodman, 46, of Wichita, was traveling west when he lost control of his white 2004 Yamaha motorcycle. Woodman was thrown from the vehicle and was not wearing a helmet. He was transported to William Newton Hospital. Alcohol may have been a factor.
• Deputy assisted Arkansas City Police with a search warrant, 300 block of North Third Street. Preston Retire was arrested by Arkansas City Police and transported to the jail.
Friday, July 12
• Vehicle broken down, 28000 block of U.S. 166.
• Suspicious activity, 20000 block of 85th Road.
• Suspicious activity, 9000 block of 146th Road.
• Alarm, 7000 block of First Avenue, Strother Field.