Friday, Sept. 6
• Warrant, 400 block of Millington Street. Porche Wilson, of Winfield, was arrested.
• Theft, 1700 block of Millington Street. Inthaphone Thevng, of Winfield, was the victim.
• Non-injury accident, 200 block of East Ninth Avenue. Logan Pierce, of Winfield, and Jimmie Yanda, of Oxford, were involved.
• Non-injury accident, 400 block of Main Street. Jocelyn Goff, of Winfield, and Clifton Cross, of Goddard, were involved.
• Injury accident, 2300 block of Main Street. Paula Stone, of Oxford, and Jana Elder, of Winfield, were involved.
Saturday, Sept. 7
• Injury accident, Ninth Avenue and Bliss Street. Marlin Gossman, of Wellington, and Cory Sunnenberg, of Winfield, were involved. Gossman was cited for disobeying traffic device.
• Non-injury accident, John Street and 15th Avenue. Kyle Sivils, of Dexter, and George Olivas, of Winfield, were involved.
• Warrant, 900 block of East 15th Avenue. Erik Boone, of Winfield, was arrested.
• Theft, 3400 block of East Ninth Avenue. Craig Thompson, of Winfield, was the victim.
• Non-injury accident, Ninth Avenue and Bliss Street. Thomas Halstead and Emily Bailey, both of Winfield, were involved. Bailey was cited for illegal registration and no proof of insurance.
Cowley County Sheriff
Friday, Sept. 6
• Vehicle check, 19000 block of U.S. 77.
• Two-vehicle, non-injury accident, 19000 block of U.S. 77.
• Car vs. deer accident, 16000 block of U.S. 77.
• Deputy was contacted regarding a possible lost tag report.
• Disabled tractor-trailer, 252nd Road and U.S. 77.
• Oil spill in roadway, 6000 block of 252nd Road. Arkansas City Fire Department responded for a wash down/clean up.
• Commercial traffic complaint, Lover’s Lane.
• Animal complaint, 168th Drive.
• Animal bite, Urgent Care. Occurred in the county.
• Jackknifed tractor-trailer, at the Dexter Y.
• Vehicle check, 171st Road and 112th Road.
• Deputy was contacted regarding a traffic complaint.
• Subject came to the sheriff’s office regarding questions about a civil matter.
• Reckless driver report, U.S. 77 northbound from 322nd Road to Arkansas City.
• Juvenile problem, in Rock.
• Deputy was contacted regarding a protection from abuse violation.
• Battery report, county jail.
• Deputies were contacted by Mulvane police about a possible DUI driver. Udall police were notified to be on the lookout.
• Car vs. deer accident, 12000 block of U.S. 160. Echo Vader was driving a 2015 GMC Acadia eastbound when a deer ran across the roadway. No injuries were reported, and Echo was able to drive the vehicle home.
• Unknown injury accident, 20000 block of 71st Road. Brandon Lewis was driving a blue Dodge Dart southbound when he failed to negotiate a curve. He struck a road sign and tree line, causing damage to his vehicle and was transported to the county jail for DUI. The vehicle was towed by B&L.
Saturday, Sept. 7
• Deputies assisted Winfield police with an accident at Ninth Avenue and Bliss Street.
• Reckless driver complaint, 132nd Road and U.S. 77.
• Motorist assist, 132nd Road and U.S. 160.
• Vehicle check, 202nd Road and U.S. 77.
• Horse out, 14000 block of 141st Road.
• Traffic complaint, 20000 block of U.S. 77.
• Child in need of care report, 1000 block of North 10th Street.
• Warrant, 800 block of East 11th. Deputy arrested Porsche Harper.
• Traffic complaint, 5000 block of U.S. 77.
• Non-injury accident, 19000 block of U.S. 77. Kevin Phaophongsavath was driving a black Toyota Tacoma northbound when he lost control and hit a KDOT bench. He was removed from the vehicle, cleared by EMS, arrested for DUI and transported to the Cowley County Jail.
Sunday, Sept. 8
• Traffic stop, 21000 block of U.S. 77. Dennis Smith was arrested for driving on a revoked license and was transported to the Cowley County Jail. The vehicle was left on the shoulder legally parked and secured.
• Unattended death, north part of the county.
• Animal complaint, 28000 block of 141st Road.
• Suspicious vehicle, 8000 block of 86th Road.
• Suspicious vehicle, 29000 block of 99th Lane.
• Deputy was contacted regarding information about a wanted subject.
• Deputy was contacted about a towed vehicle.
• Theft report, 20000 block of 85th Road.
• Abandoned vehicle, 10000 block of U.S. 166.
• Driving complaint, 24000 block of U.S. 77.
• Vehicle check, 5000 block of K-15.
• Suspicious vehicle, 11000 block of 126th Drive.
• Harassment complaint, 3000 block of 41st Road.
• Injury accident, 26000 block of U.S. 77 Bypass. A red 2007 Toyota Camry driven by Alayna Harris was in the center lane waiting to cross U.S. 77 when she turned in front of a blue 2005 Chevy Cobalt driven by Julie Kincheloe heading northbound. One driver was transported by EMS to William Newton Hospital while the other was transported to South Central Kansas Medical Center. Witness statements were collected on scene, and both vehicles were towed by B&L.
• Reckless driver report, 13000 block of 21st Road. A white Chevy passenger car failed to maintain lane and tailgating. The area was checked and no vehicle matching that description was located.
Monday, Sept. 9
• Verbal disturbance regarding child custody issue, in Udall.
• Deputies assisted Kansas Highway Patrol with a stolen vehicle, 282nd Road and 31st Road. Two subjects were arrested by KHP and the vehicle was towed by Strickland’s.