Approximately 405 young Kansas men, all of whom will enter their senior year of high school this fall, participated in the 2019 session of the American Legion Boys State of Kansas Leadership Academy. The event, which concluded its 82nd year, was held June 3-8 at Kansas State University in Manhattan for the 28th consecutive year.
The following is a list of this year’s ALBSKLA area delegates:
• Arkansas City — Eli Eis, Ark City Christian Academy, City of Chastain Councilman; Kyle Pfannenstiel, Arkansas City High School, Powell County Representative; Braden Snider, Arkansas City High School, Department of Humanities Official.
• Atlanta — Erik Moore, Central High School, City of Lane Councilman.
• Howard — Tyler Black, West Elk High School, City of Chastain Councilman.
• Longton — Elvis Bosley, Elk Valley High School, City of Johnson Councilman.
• Moline — Caleb Walker, West Elk High School, Pershing County Commissioner; Curtis Ware, West Elk High School, City of Lane Councilman.
• Sedan — Zachary Chrisman, Pershing County Commissioner.