The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas announced the 2019-20 school year recipients of the Bill House Hereford Foundation Scholarship.
House was a Chautauqua and Cowley County resident who loved ranching and agriculture. Part of his legacy is to encourage and support young people in the pursuit of a career in agriculture.
The following students received scholarships toward their post-high school education:
• Kayla Signer, Sedan High School — Oklahoma Panhandle State University;
• Joshua Butler, Arkansas City High School — Cowley College;
• Jon Wells, Sedan High School — Kansas State University;
• Braden Snyder, Cedar Vale High School — Cowley College;
• Ian Messenger, Arkansas City High School — North Central Kansas Technical School;
• Thomas Parsons, Dexter High School — Kansas State University;
• Brainne Nelsen, Fredonia High School — Oklahoma State University;
• Tatum Norwood, Arkansas City High School — Oklahoma State University.