A four-inch cast-iron water main broke Thursday, leading to the closure of Greenway Avenue (McCall Hill) between Edgemont Drive and Highland Drive, according to Ark City Public Information Officer Andrew Lawson. Water was spraying out of the concrete and flowing downhill into the intersection with East Radio Lane. Ark City employees worked past dark digging up the road and repairing the line. The line was repaired Thursday but the street will remained closed until the road can be rehabilitated.
- Truck spins out after hitting sign, pole
- Winfield teen arrested on possible firearm charges
- Verbal threat spurs arrest
- Tough choices on bridge
- Muñoz named SC director of career services
- Winfield school earns state honor for civic engagement
- Seven show interest in appointment to Ark City commission
- Veterans Memorial Lake is closed to boating, fishing
- James Watson
- Do satellite locations help or hurt Cowley?
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
eNews Sign up
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!