A large grass fire north of Arkansas City has threatened two homes Wednesday afternoon.
According to scanner traffic, a grass fire was reported around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at 252 Road and 31st Road. The fire at the time was about a football field away from two homes.
Residents at one of the homes were evacuated around 2:45 p.m. Scanner reports indicate residents of the other house could not be reached.
One Arkansas City Fire unit reported it was out of water around 2:47 p.m. Winfield Fire was called out at that time.
A Cowley County sheriff's deputy responded for traffic awareness.
- Truck spins out after hitting sign, pole
- Winfield teen arrested on possible firearm charges
- Verbal threat spurs arrest
- Tough choices on bridge
- Muñoz named SC director of career services
- Veterans Memorial Lake is closed to boating, fishing
- Seven show interest in appointment to Ark City commission
- Do satellite locations help or hurt Cowley?
- James Watson
- Friday morning earthquake near Hutchinson shakes Cowley County
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
eNews Sign up
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!