Wichita State University has announced the names of more than 3,500 students who were on the dean’s honor roll for fall 2020.
To be included, a student must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credit hours) and earn at least a 3.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale.
Local students receiving honors and their hometowns include:
• Arkansas City — Jacey L. Arnett, Bailey M. Benton, Nathan J. Fry, Tania P. Fuentes, Brailee A. Hand, Erika L. Hoag, Josie M. Krout, Sarah E. Kuffler, Allison J. Smith, Kylie A. Vest and Elizabeth A. Walker.
• Burden — Haylee M. Beavers and Randi R. Carpenter.
• Udall — Rachel K. Fritze and Amanda N. Whiteman.
• Winfield — Kenna L. Biddle, Baylee J. Byrd, Jacob M. Harper, Kelsey L. Horinek, Catherine A. Mendoza, David R. Owens, Ronald S. Sarnacki, Jazmyn T. Strange, Gabrielle J. Tapia, Caitlin M. Waits, Kayla L. Wampler, Kandace J. Worsham and Riley M. Ziegler.
Local students were also among the more than 1,100 graduates who completed degrees at Wichita State University in fall 2020.
Undergraduate students who attained a GPA of 3.9 out of a possible 4.0 received the summa cum laude award; those with an average of 3.55 received the magna cum laude award; and those with an average of 3.25 received the cum laude.
Local graduates and their hometowns include:
• Arkansas City — Madeline F. Buckbee, bachelor of arts in education, ECU/elementary education apprentice, Magna Cum Laude; Paola Z. Medina Lopez, bachelor of business administration, human resource management; Ron D. Posey, bachelor of science in industrial engineering, industrial engineering, Cum Laude; Kaitlyn M. Taylor, bachelor of business administration, management; Zach L. Wiederstein, graduate certificate, building level leadership; and Faith R. Zavala, bachelor of science in nursing, Magna Cum Laude.
• Dexter — Bailye L. Butler, bachelor of science in health science.
• Winfield — Baylee J. Byrd, bachelor of business administration, marketing; Benjamin C. Donals, master of education, educational psychology, and graduate certificate, higher education leadership; Anne Marie Sanchez, bachelor of business administration, general business; Sela A. Schmitt, bachelor of business administration, marketing, Cum Laude; and Jazmyn T. Strange, bachelor of arts in education, ECU/elementary education apprentice, Cum Laude.